Welcome to the website for the Great Bend Public Library! The library’s mission is to connect people, information, and ideas to support the best quality of life for our community.
Each week we will be exploring a different continent or ocean. This week is Australia! Click on Australia on the map to go to the Australia page to learn facts about Australia, see the animal of the week and check out an Australian craft! You can also check out Asia, Africa, Antarctica, South America, North America, and the Ocean to learn about them as well.
Check out our Summer Library catolog here or pick up your copy at the library!
Ahora disponible en español!
Reliable information resources about covid-19
Stay up-to-date with these trusted sources and factual information.
● The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] will provide information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance
● It is important to remember to share facts and not fear
● Barton County Public Health has regularly updated information, as well as a toll free number to call for more information
● The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is handling all testing for COVID-19
Take these steps to protect yourself.
● The most important thing to do at this time is to wash your hands often and avoid close contact with people who are sick
● Globally, the World Health Organization continuously provides updates with helpful information for individuals and the workplace
El Instituto Nacional de Salud anunció un nuevo sitio web de COVID-19 en español, con información sobre pruebas, tratamientos, vacunas y ensayos clínicos. El sitio también destaca otros recursos de salud. Vea este gran recurso nuevo aquí: https://salud.nih.gov/covid-19