The Great Bend Public Library is currently working on reopening details. We will reopen in a phased approach.
Phase 1 will have some staff in the building and we will work on disinfecting, cleaning, and catching up. We will not be open to the public at this time.
Phase 2 will have more staff in the building and we will start limited curbside service. The doors will not open to the public in Phase 2.
Phase 3 will see patrons entering the building, but in limited numbers with social distancing restrictions in place.
Phase 4 will remove restrictions on the number of people in the building and we will return to full service.
We miss our patrons and can’t wait to see all of you, but we want to keep everyone safe and healthy. We will publish more details about each phase with a very loose timeline sometime in the near future. We will be following the guidance of Governor Kelly’s Ad Astra reopening plan, KDHE, and OSHA guidelines for keeping the workplace safe.
Welcome to the website for the Great Bend Public Library! The library’s mission is to connect people, information, and ideas to support the best quality of life for our community.
Coronavirus [COVID-19] Information
Great Bend Public Library administration is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19.
● As a thriving community hub with events for all ages, we believe it is in our community’s best interest to close the library and cancel all library-sponsored events until further notice.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 updates to keep our patrons informed of any changes.
- The majority of libraries are closed to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this libraries have turned off patron initiated holds.
If you currently have books and movies checked out from The Great Bend Public Library , Please keep them and enjoy them until we open again. Remember that we do not have late fees! The drop box is not accessible at this time.
Even though we are closed, you can still use the library.
● Our digital library has free eBooks, audiobooks, streaming movies, and more.
● Message us if you have questions on Facebook or email us at email@example.com.
More Information about covid-19
This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
● We’re in communication with the City of Great Bend and the Barton County Health Department. Currently, the governor has closed all K-12 schools for the rest of the school year.
● If you’re worried, immunocompromised, or sick,it is advised that you stay home.
Stay up-to-date with these trusted sources and factual information.
● The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] will provide information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance
● It is important to remember to share facts and not fear
● Barton County Public Health has regularly updated information, as well as a toll free number to call for more information
● The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is handling all testing for COVID-19
Take these steps to protect yourself.
● The most important thing to do at this time is to wash your hands often and avoid close contact with people who are sick
● Globally, the World Health Organization continuously provides updates with helpful information for individuals and the workplace